Werkflo is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We appreciate that individuals are concerned about the security of their personal information and we are committed to protecting any personal information we hold.
Collecting personal information
Werkflo will be fair and open about the way we collect information about you and what we intend to do with the information.
When you visit our Website, we may collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. The information sent to us may include data on the pages you access, your computer IP address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you are using, your location, mobile network information, standard web log data and other information. Web log data includes the browser type you are using and traffic to and from our site. Details on our collection of personal information using cookies and analytical services are set out below.
To help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about your use and interaction with our Website. For example, we may evaluate your computer, mobile phone, or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
We may also collect additional information from or about you in other ways, such as through contact with our customer support team, suppliers or service providers (whether via mail, email or through telephone enquiries), your responses to a market survey, and from interactions with Werkflo or as otherwise notified to you at the time.
Using personal information
Werkflo only collects, holds and handles information about you that is necessary for us to perform the services you request from us, that is otherwise reasonably necessary for our business activities or if required by law, or court or tribunal order.
We may use personal information we collect about you for several purposes including, but not limited, to:
- customer support;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- investigate and prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- learn more about your level of satisfaction and how we can meet them;
- customise, measure, and improve our services and the content, layout, and operation of our Website;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- contact you via telephone, text (SMS) or email messaging;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;
- confirm your identity for the purposes of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism laws and assess applications and your suitability for our services;
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as required or permitted by relevant laws and regulations.
You agree that we may use your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it and for related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you.
If all or some of your personal information is not collected or cannot be verified, we may be unable to provide you with our services or a customised experience, engage with you, or do business with you.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Financial institutions that we may partner with to jointly create and offer a product;
- Companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by or who may invest in us;
- Law enforcement, government agencies or officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Werkflo; when we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity; and
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
- Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your jurisdiction. When we disclose your personal information overseas, we will take reasonable measures to ensure that your information is held, managed, and accessed in accordance with appropriate standards for the handling of personal information.
We may require your consent to use and/or disclose your personal information if we need to use your information for a purpose that is not related to the purpose for which it was collected.
If you do not consent to Werkflo collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal information for such other purposes, this may affect Werkflo’ ability to deliver and improve our products and services, or to engage or do business with you.
Marketing and privacy
Werkflo may send marketing materials to its customers, and other people who have provided Werkflo with personal information, from time to time about products and services offered by Werkflo.
If you do not wish to receive marketing materials from Werkflo, please complete the opt-out instructions included on the marketing materials, or contact us on:
Address: 50 Miller Street North Sydney NSW 2060
Werkflo will note your request and will respect your wish not to receive any marketing materials.
Cookies and third-party analytical services
For example, Cookies allow us to save your password, so you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our site.
Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies. You can find information specific to your browser under the “help” menu. You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our Website.
Protecting personal information
Werkflo will keep your personal information secure by taking reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, use, modification, and disclosure.
We protect your information using technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorisation controls. Only properly authorised people who have a need to access personal information to perform their job will be able to see or use that information.
Accessing and requesting correction of personal information
We will strive to ensure that information about you is accurate when we collect or use it. Subject to some exceptions under privacy law, we will let you see the information we hold about you and correct it if it is inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date. If we do not grant you access to your personal information or do not agree to correct your personal information, we will tell you why.
If you wish to obtain access to and/or correct your personal information held by Werkflo, please contact us on:
Address: Ground Floor, 50 Miller Street North Sydney NSW 2060 Australia
Unless we do not agree to your request for access to personal information, in most cases Werkflo will provide you with access as soon as reasonably possible following receipt of your request. If you request corrections to your personal information and Werkflo agrees with your request, these changes will be made as soon as practicable. If Werkflo does not agree to your request for correction, it will notify you of the reasons it does not agree and will note your request on the records it holds about you. If you are dissatisfied with our refusal to provide you with access to, or correct, your personal information you may also complain to the applicable regulator in your jurisdiction.
Resolving your concerns
If you have a complaint regarding Werkflo’s management of your personal information, please prepare your complaint in writing and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Werkflo will provide written acknowledgement of your complaint within 7 days of receipt. We will investigate and advise you of the steps we have taken to resolve your complaint within 30 days of receipt of your complaint.